Beginning in the 20.11.400 version, we have added a new enhancement to allow a user of Total Office Manager to enter their password to bypass the Administrator password entry. This will come in handy when the person that holds the Administrator password is unavailable. To designate a user as an Administrator Bypass, please do the following:
- Navigate to Company | User List/Security.
- Edit the user you wish to give authority.
- Click the Next> button two times.
- Check the box for Administrator Bypass Authorization.
- Enter a password for this user.
- Supply the password to the authorized user. Be sure to keep this password protected. Anyone with the password can bypass protected accounting functions.
Please Note: We do not recommend supplying your office staff with the Administrator password. We do not recommend users login as the Administrator and work. We do not recommend allowing Delete permissions for users. It is important to protect the Administrator password by limiting access to only those that are essential to know it. It is important to protect the data and not allow users to delete unless it is absolutely necessary to their day to day functions. Delete is permanent and cannot be undone. Delete is commonly used in fraudulent activities. Deletes are a red flag for trouble in your company file. Void is safer as it retains the paper trail. Large amounts of deletes often indicate fraud or lack of training.