Enter Bill for Received Items – Select Item Receipt Window
This topic will cover entering, editing, and deleting Bills for Items already received.
Use this form to enter a bill for items that you have already received and entered into Total Office Manager (entered using the Receive Items form) but the Items were not accompanied with a bill. In other words, use this form to enter a bill for items you have already received but had not yet entered a bill.
The bill is put into Accounts Payable . You will pay the bill later using the Pay Bills form. This allows Total Office Manager to keep track of how much money you owe. This allows you to hang on to your money for as long as possible improving cash flow.
Example: Your technician purchases a part and is given a ‘packing slip’ or some other paper work, but this paper work is not bill. The bill comes later. You must get this item into inventory before you can sell it. This form allows you to enter the item into inventory so that you can sell it. Once the bill arrives, you can enter that bill into Total Office Manager and pay it later on.
Select Item Receipt Window
Use this window when a bill for inventory items arrives after you have entered the corresponding item receipts.
When you select an item receipt from this window, Total Office Manager turns the item receipt into a bill.
Later, you can use the Pay Bills window to pay bills when they are due.
If you do not see the item receipt, perhaps you already entered the item receipt as a bill. If so, you can find the bill by searching in the Accounts Payable register.
Please Note: You have to go to the Pay Bills window to actually pay the bill.
From the main menu, click Vendor | Enter Bill for Receive Items.
Field and Button Definitions
- Vendor – Select from the drop down menu the vendor. Or create a new vendor by clicking the Hand Icon to the right of the vendor field.
- Date – The current date will automatically popular the field, or you can enter another date by clicking on the drop down arrow for the calendar (See TIPS below before changing this date).
- Due Date – The date the bill is due. This is different than the Date (above).
- Amount – Do not enter a dollar amount in this field. It will automatically populate with the correct dollar amount, once all amounts are entered.
- Reference # – Enter the Invoice or bill number, or any number you would like to track this bill.
- Memo – Enter any general information you might need to track this particular bill.
- Account – Select from the drop down menu the expense account that is to be affected by the bill.
- Amount – Enter the amount of the bill for the particular expense being entered. You may be entering more than one expense item.
- Memo – Enter any particular information pertaining to the expense bill you are entering, that you may need to help track this expense bill.
- Customer Job – Select from the drop down menu the customer job for this particular expense bill, if applicable. This is used in Job Costing as well as makes the expense available on a sale or invoice as “reimbursable”.
- Item Code/Description – Select from the drop down menu the particular item code/description of the line item you are enter.
- Qty. – Enter the physical number of the line item you are entering the bill for. Example: 3
- Warehouse – Enter the warehouse (storage) location you are taking the bill items from.
- Cost – Enter the cost of the bill item you are entering. Example: $25.00
- Amount – Enter the total amount of the line item Bill you are entering. Example: $75.00
- Customer Job – Select from the drop down menu the customer job, if applicable. This is used in Job Costing as well as makes the item available on a sale or invoice as “reimbursable”.
- PO / Serial #s – Enter the P.O. or the Serial Number, if applicable.
- Save & Close – Click to save the bill and close the form.
- Save & New – Click to save the bill and open a new Enter Bill window.
- Clear – Clear the information that has been entered into the bill window.
Open the form and sort the list if desired.
To enter a new bill, click the Bill Button (lower left hand corner of the form) and select New Bill.
To edit a bill, click the Bill button (lower left hand corner of the form) and select Edit Bill.
To delete a bill, click the Bill button (lower left hand corner of the form) and select Delete Bill.
Note: The amount of the bill will automatically populate the Amount field, once amounts have been entered in the expense or item tabs of the Enter Bill Window.