Aptora Mobile – Approving Invoices & Applying Payments
Invoices created in Aptora Mobile will be designated in Total Office Manager as a new type called Mobile Invoice. Mobile Invoices and payments accepted in Aptora Mobile do not directly affect Accounts Receivable (A/R), Income, COGS, or other accounts.
Mobile Invoices must first be approved and converted into a standard Invoice in Total Office Manager. All Invoice validation remains the same, including preferences such as those requiring a Salesman, Department, or Sales Tax Item.
To approve a Mobile Invoice, simply open the Mobile Invoice in Total Office and save it.
You may make changes to this Invoice as you would any normal Invoice.
Once a Mobile Invoice has been approved all financial accounts (A/R, Income, COGS, etc.) will be affected as usual.
An Invoice that was created from Aptora Mobile will always have the “Mobile Invoice” in the security stamp at the bottom left of the form.
The following steps specifically detail how to approve an Invoice in Total Office Manager, turning it from a Mobile Invoice to a standard Invoice (which can be processed and modified as any normal invoice).
Converting a Mobile Invoice into an Invoice
- Go to Lists | Invoice/Sale/Credit/Estimate
- Select the Invoice with the type “Mobile Invoice” you wish to approve. It may be helpful to filter or sort your list by type to easily see only this specific type.
- Open/Edit the Invoice. You may make any changes to this invoice as you would any other (such as changing the Sales Rep, Tax Code, etc.).
- Click Menu | Save or Save & Close to convert the Mobile Invoice into a standard Invoice. If no payments need to be applied or no further editing is necessary, you may simply click Save & Close to complete this process.
Payments accepted in Aptora Mobile will appear in Total Office Manager as “Unapplied Payments”. This means the funds/payment has been accepted but the payment itself has not been applied to the Invoice. Until this application is made, the Invoice will appear to be open (or unpaid).
To apply the payments to the Invoice, take the following steps:
- Once the Mobile Invoice has been converted to a Standard Invoice go to Customers | Receive Payments List.
- Locate the Unapplied Payment and open/edit it.
- Click the checkbox next to the Invoice you wish to apply the payment to
- Save & Close.
- Edit or Apply additional payments as usual.
- You can also easily locate unapplied payments via Customer History.