Customer Message List
The Customer Message List is used to setup and manage customer messages. Customer messages appear in the “Cust Message” field of sales forms and are meant for your customers to read.
From the main menu, click Customers > Lists > Customer Message.
- To create a new customer message, right click anywhere in the list and choose New Message from the pop-up menu.
- To edit a customer message, right-click on it and choose Edit Message from the pop-up menu.
- To delete a customer message, right-click on it and choose Delete Message from the pop-up menu. Note: It may not always be possible to perform this action — inactivation may be more appropriate.
- To inactivate a customer message, right-click on it and choose Make Message Inactive from the pop-up menu. This can also be done by ticking the “Inactive” checkbox within a record itself.
- To export whatever information is currently displayed in the list, right-click anywhere in the list and choose Export List from the pop-up menu.
Creating a New Customer Message
- Right click anywhere in the list and choose New Message from the pop-up menu, or select the same command from the title menu. The “Add Customer Message” form will appear.
- Enter the new customer message in the “Message” field.
- Click OK to save and close the form, Cancel to exit the form without saving, or Next to save the customer message and go on to create another.
- A one-time, personalized, original message can be entered directly into the Cust Message field without having to first create a “canned” customer message as described above. Simply enter the personalized message in the Cust Message field of a sales form. The message will be saved in that form only, and appear nowhere else. See the related topic, “Sales Forms” for more info.
- A Customer Message is not the same as a Custom Footer. Please don’t confuse the two. See the related topic, “Footers – Custom Footers List” for more info.