Inventory Adjustment and Review
This topic covers the use of the Inventory Review/Adj form.
Use this form to adjust the quantity on hand (how many you have in stock) and\or move items from one location to another.
Typically, this form is used after an inventory is taken and the actual number of items in stock don’t match what Total Office Manager is showing. This form allows for easy “batch” changes to inventory quantities and locations.
- From the main menu click Company > Inventory Adjustment > Inventory Review/Adj
Field and Button Definitions
|Account||This is an account from the Chart of Accounts that is used to record the change or gain in value. Example: You reduce the quantity on hand of the item. You now own less inventory. This is the account that will show the loss. Typically, this is the “Shrinkage and Spoilage” account. You must pick an account and you may only pick a single account for the entire adjustment.|
|Find||Use this feature to locate a certain item number.|
|In Warehouse||Use this feature to locate a certain item number in a certain warehouse. You can use this in combination with the Find feature.|
|Item||This is the item number of the item you are adjusting.|
|Warehouse||This is a list of warehouses that are available for this item to be located. Total Office Manager allows you to have as many as you like but you must have at least one. You cannot change the warehouse using this form. You can move parts from one warehouse to another by changing the quantity.|
The number of these items located in the particular warehouse. This field is read only. To make a change, use the New Qty field (explained below).
This field offers you the opportunity to enter how many items (if any) are located in the particular warehouse. To change how many are located there, simply enter a new number.
Total Office Manager calculates the difference between the QTY and the New Qty fields.
- Open the form as noted above.
- Select an account using the account selection list. This is the account that will record the net gain or loss from your adjustment.
- Enter a new quantity or change the warehouse of the item if needed. Please see the detailed explanation of each field above.
- Click the Save & Close button to save your changes and close the form. Click the Save & New button to save your work and begin a new adjustment.
- You must have proper permission to use this form. If you don’t have permission to use this form and need it, please see the Total Office Manager Administrator for help.
- Total Office Manager includes a handy worksheet that was designed to help you take inventory. You may access it from the reports menu.