Marketing is a very important part of management. It is strongly recommended that you setup and use a comprehensive list of marketing types. Marketing types are used to identify which methods of marketing are working, so informed decisions about marketing expenditures can be made.
Examples of marketing types might include “Newspaper”, “Yellow Pages”, “Bill Board”, “Direct Mail”, “Referral”, “Existing Customer”, etc.
From the main menu, click Company > Lists > Marketing Type List, then right-click anywhere in the list and choose New Marketing Type from the pop-up list.
Once open, the Marketing Type form is used to add new types or edit existing ones.
- Marketing Type – This is a description of the Marketing Type. Example: Yellow Pages.
- Subtype of – Used to pick a “parent” type of marketing type if necessary. For example, the marketing type “Radio Marketing” could be a parent for “FM” and for “AM”.
- Description – Used to enter a detail description of the marketing type if applicable.
- Inactive – Used to make an existing marketing type inactive.
Marketing Type Management
Open the marketing type list and use the following commands from the right-click pop-up menu to manage the Marketing Types.
- To enter a new record , right-click and choose New Marketing Type from the pop-up list. Complete necessary fields as described above
- To edit a record, right-click on it and select Edit Marketing Type from the pop-up menu.
- To delete a record, right-click on it and select Delete Marketing Type from the pop-up menu.
- To inactivate a record, right-click on it and select Make Marketing Type Inactive from the pop-up menu.
- To merge one marketing type into another, right-click on the source marketing type and select Merge Marketing Type from the pop-up menu. The Marketing Source Merge form will appear. Set the “Merge From” and the “Merge To” fields, tick the “When complete, Inactivate the ‘Merge From’ Account” if desired, and click the “Merge” button to finish.
- You can delete or inactivate multiple records. To highlight multiple records, press and hold your CTRL key and click each record. You may also select a range of records by highlighting the first record in that range, press and hold your left Shift Key, and click the last record in that range.