Sales Tax Code
The Sales Tax Code form is used to create a tax code which will indicate whether or not to calculate sales tax for the tax item selected. Tax Codes may be set at the customer and item level.
From the menu option Customers | Sales Tax | Sales Tax Code List, right click anywhere on the list and choose New Tax Code from the pop-up menu.
From a Tax Code drop down, you may choose <Add New>. Tax Code selections may be found in the following locations:
- Customer:Jobs Company Preferences
- Items Company Preferences
- Customer:Jobs Tax Info Tab
- Items Accounting Tab
- Estimate/Sales/Invoice/Credit Forms
Field & Button Definitions
- Sales Tax Code – The Sales Tax Code field is used to enter an abbreviation for the sales tax code. Common usage includes TAX for taxable sales, NON for nontaxable sales, CHU for church organizations, GOV for government agencies, LBR for labor only items, EXE for exempt sales, etc. This entry may be up to a three-character abbreviation to define and classify a tax codes.
- Description – A short explanation of the code. This field may be up to twenty (20) characters in length.
- Apply Sales Tax To This Tax Code – When this option is checked, the tax code will calculate sales tax for the tax item selected. When the option is not checked, the tax code is considered nontaxable.
- Inactive – Check this option to inactivate the sales tax code.
- OK – This button saves the information and closes the form.
- Cancel – This button closes the form without saving.
- Next – This button will save the current tax code and start a new blank form for entry.