Preferences – Payroll
The Payroll preference window is where to configure defaults related to paying bills.
Field & Button Definitions
- Pay Liabilities Default Bank – Select the default bank account to propose when paying payroll liabilities.
- Payroll Checks Default Bank – Select the default bank account to propose when creating paychecks.
- Allocate Payroll Taxes to Job Costing – Controls whether or not, and how payroll taxes are allocated to job costing. The options are (1.) Inactive, (2.) Treat as Expenses (Overhead), or (3.) Treat as Cost Of Goods Sold (COGS).
- Time Sheet Defaults > Earning Item – Select the default earning item to propose on new timesheet entries.
- Time Sheet Defaults > Service Item – Select the default service item to propose on new timesheet entries.
- Enable Payroll Service – When ticked, enables the payroll service functionality in the program.
- Payroll Service Vendor – If the payroll service feature in enabled, selected the payroll service vendor from this drop-down list.
- Warn if Excess Time Off Usage (payroll processing) – When ticked, a warning will appear while processing payroll if an employee has exceeded their available time off (sick leave, vacation time, etc).
- Use Certified Payroll – Tick the checkbox to enable the certified payroll functionality.