General Journal Report
The General Journal Report has the capacity to display all transactions in Total Office Manager. The report can be configured to filter transactions in a variety of ways, either alone or in conjunction with a specific date range, to help locate and solve accounting problems.
Below is an example report (which may have been cropped and shrunk to conserve space).
From the main menu, click Reports > Accounting > General Ledger > General Journal, or use the Report Navigator (see related topics).
The following general filters are available in this report. They may be used alone or simultaneously in conjunction with each other.
- Transaction Types – To filter the report by a particular transaction type (bill, invoice, sales tax liability check, etc), select one from this drop-down list.
- Transaction(s) for – To filter the report by all customers, employees, or vendors; or an individual customer, employee, or vendor, select one from this drop-down list.
- Accounts – To filter the report by a particular COA account, select one from this drop-down list.
- Department – To filter the report by a particular department, select one from this drop-down list.
Date Filter Area
The following date filtering is available in this report.
- Date Range – Choose from a pre-defined range of time-frames from the “Date Range” drop-down list, or enter a custom range using the “From” and “To” fields.
- Cancel – The Cancel button closes the window.
- Preview – The Preview button will show an on-screen display of the report, from which a hard-copy can be printed. The preview screen is also capable exporting the report in a PDF format for email use. A text search function in the preview screen can be used to locate a particular string of text.
- Close Window on Preview – Ticking this checkbox will have the options window automatically close when the Preview button is clicked.
- The General Journal Report is frequently used in combination with a Trial Balance to locate problems.