Vendor Form – Overview
The Vendor form is used to setup new vendors in the program. It holds the contact and general information for those specific vendors.
From the main menu, click Vendors > New Vendor, or
Address Info Tab
The Address Info Tab is used to store basic contact information including billing address, phone/fax/cell numbers, email & website addresses, and more.
The Contacts Tab is used to record additional contacts related to the vendor. A virtually unlimited number of additional contacts can be stored in the Contacts tab.
Additional Info Tab
The Additional Info Tab is used for other vendor information including vendor type, default A/P account info, the payment terms offered by the vendor, a credit limit amount, Tax ID information and more. This is where control over pop-up notes for the vendor is held. User Defined Fields for vendors appear in the Additional Info tab.
Common Field & Button Definitions
- Vendor Name – The name of the vendor is displayed here. It usually takes on information gathered from the Company Name field (or the Mr./Mrs./…,First Name, M.I., Last Name fields), but it can be edited manually if required.
- Save & Close – This button saves any information and exits the form.
- Save & New – This button saves any information, then open a new form ready to be filled in with another vendor’s information.
- Cancel – This button exits the form without saving any information.
Menu Button Commands
- Menu > Save – Manually saves the form.
- Menu > Revert – Causes the form to dismiss any changes and return to information contained when last saved. It is the same as canceling the record without saving changes, then re-opening the record.
- Menu > Notes – Opens the Notepad for that vendor. A virtually unlimited amount of notes can be entered here.
- Menu > Contact Log – Opens the vendor’s Contact Log, used to enter detailed notes about the account.
- Menu > History – Opens the vendor’s history form which displays every check, purchase order, bill, item receipt and more, ever involving that specific customer.
- Menu > Direct Deposit – Opens the “Direct Deposit Setup” form for the vendor, used when a vendor accepts payment via electronic ACH transactions. See the section “Related Topics” below for more information.
- Menu > Document Links – Opens the Document Links form for the specific vendor. The form behaves similarly to the company-wide Document Manager, except this view only displays documents related to this particular customer.
- Inactive – Tick the inactive checkbox to make the vendor inactive. This will remove the vendor from your day-to-day functions, while preserving the history in which the customer was involved.