The Workflow Navigator provides a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for common workflow processes. Stated more simply, the workflow navigator uses picture icons and diagrams to steer through ordinary tasks and to access often-used lists and reports.
From the main menu, click View | Workflow Navigator. This command toggles on and off the display of the navigator.
Field & Button Definitions
Five panes of view are available from the menu area of the workflow navigator.
- Banking – Displays the Banking Workflow pane.
- Company – Displays the Company Workflow pane.
- Customers – Displays the Customers Workflow pane.
- Employees – Displays the Employees Workflow pane.
- Vendors – Displays the Vendors Workflow pane.
Each pane of the workflow navigator is divided into three areas: the Workflow area, the Lists area, and the Reports area.
The Workflow Area
The Workflow area of any pane illustrates each task and sequence of events for the given work process. Simply click on an icon to perform that task.
The Lists Area
The Lists area of any pane provides access to commonly used lists related to a given workflow. Simply click on an icon to open that list.
The Reports Area
The Reports area of any pane provides access to commonly used reports related to a given workflow. Simply click on an icon to open that report.
- By default, the workflow navigator is displayed each time the program is opened. This function can be disabled from within Preferences. To disable the function, go to Edit > Preferences, click the Login tab, and tick the checkbox which hides the navigator.