The Information Center conveniently displays all open windows, unread messages, appointments, work orders for the day, pending reminders, logged in users, and a system performance summary. Use the expand/collapse buttons (example circled in green) to view the details of each Information Center category. In the illustration above, Unread Messages have been expanded to show details.
From the main menu, click View | Information Center. This command toggles the Information Center display on and off as desired.
Information Center Components Defined
- Open Windows – Displays any currently open windows. Clicking on a listed window to display it (if it is not already).
- Unread Messages – Displays any unread messages for the logged in user. Click on a listed message to open it.
- Appointments Today – Displays today’s appointments for the logged in user. Click on a listed appointment to open it.
- Work Orders Today – Displays today’s work orders for the logged in user. Click on a listed work order to open it.
- Reminders – Displays any pending reminders for the logged in user. Click on a listed reminder to open it.
- Logged In Users – Displays all users who are currently logged into the system, and in brackets displays the name of the computer on which they are logged.
- The width of the Information Center can be adjusted to suit the user’s tastes. Simply place the pointer along the right edge of the center. When the pointer turns into a “split-pointer”, click and drag the edge of the info center to the desired location and release.
- The Expand/Collapse buttons control the display of each component in the information center. When one of these button points up, the component (list) may be collapsed (rolled-up) to save space. When one of these button points down, the component (list) may be expanded (rolled-down) to display the contents of the component.