Total Office Manager 11.0.3 Release Notes
Total Office Manager Release Information
11.0.3 Release Notes
Release Date: 01/15/2018
PLEASE STOP AND READ IF YOU PROCESS PAYROLL AND/OR USE A PAYROLL SERVICE PRIOR TO UPDATING TO LATEST 11.0 RELEASE!! With the 11.0 update series, we have changed the way taxes are assigned to employees. With the changes added to allow for calculation of payroll taxes based on the Customer:Job location, it may be necessary to review your payroll setup PRIOR to processing payroll after your initial update to the 11.0 release.
Aptora Mobile II Username Changes:
In the next release of Aptora Mobile II, the way that technicians are used to logging into the mobile website will change. Currently they are selecting a username from a selection menu. With the next update to Aptora Mobile II, the drop down selector will be replaced with a text box. Mobile users will need to type in their mobile username. For all existing users it will be their employee alias. You will have the ability to change this in the desktop application.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -DB UPDATE – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This update requires an update to your database. This will require that all users log out of the software program so that the update can run. Once the update has run and the first user logs in, other users will be able to log back into the program in prior versions without being required to update. This update will take anywhere from 15 seconds to 30 minutes depending on the database size and the number of release versions you are behind.
Payroll Tax Updates:
Please verify your tax file date to ensure you are on the latest version. The date of the most recent tax file containing the new federal withholding tax table is version 2018-01-11v. You may view this information under the Version Tab of Help | About form.
– FIT (Federal Income Tax) – new brackets and exemption
– MI Detroit Nonresident (Michigan) – ZIP Code corrections (no change to calculations)
– MI Detroit Resident (Michigan) – ZIP Code corrections (no change to calculations)
Important W2 Information:
In order for deductions and liabilities to report to boxes 12/12a on the W2, the Tax Tracking field must be assigned to the appropriate option within the Payroll Item form. You may add this tracking at any time and historical data will be updated.
Below is a list of all Tax Tracking options and the corresponding W2 Code (for more information about tax tracking codes please review the IRS instructions for form W2 under Box12):
– 401(k)- Code D
– 403(b)- Code E
– 408(k)(6)- Code F
– Simple IRA- Code S
– Premium Only/125- Code W (This is a Health Savings Account)
– Elective 457(b)- Code G
– Company Paid Health Insurance- Code DD
– 501(c)(18)(D)- Code H
– HSA Emp. (Pretax)- Code W
– HSA Emp. (Taxable)- Code W
– Non Qualify Plan Distribution- Code Y
– Roth 401(k)- Code AA
– Roth 403(b)- Code BB
– Taxable Group Term Life- Code C
– Sec 457 Distribution- Code EE
Items & Inventory:
Fixes and Corrections
– Corrected an issue where the accounts used for Serialized Adjustments made from the Inventory Transfer form would not offset each other. These transactions now use the Expense/Cost of Goods Sold account for both the debit and credit entry. We also updated the existing transactions in the register. If any Journal Entries were made to correct these types of transactions in the past, the Journal Entry will become obsolete with this update and will need to be reversed.
Employees & Payroll:
Fixes and Corrections
– Added existing taxes that are present in the employee earning tax setup to the taxes for the main payroll earning item.
– Corrected an issue that would cause the extra withholding to be applied to all federal taxes and not just FIT.
– Update to Form 940 for 2017 payroll tax year.
Fixes and Corrections
– Corrected an issue with the Employee State Wage report not showing any details when run for the year 2018.
****Not familiar with the Custom Data View feature? Call us to schedule training. Our experienced trainer will show you how to create your very own custom reports in minutes on the Custom Data Views currently available.****
Follow us on Facebook. This is a great place to get real-time news about software ideas we are considering, upcoming features, and update notices. We also post technical notices and technical tips.
Join us on BlackBeltContracting where basic membership is 100% free. We’re excited to announce the launch of BlackBeltContracting.com – a social networking site for contractors. The site offers tools like flat rate pricing books that your techs can use in the field, and the opportunity for you to post questions for some of the industry’s top business consultants.
Come be that person!! Bring your toughest questions and we’ll make sure you leave with answers. The training is March 5-7 and is highly collaborative. Learn from our experienced instructors and your peers. Register by January 31st to receive $500 off each ticket.