Aptora Mobile II 126.96.36.199 Release Notes
Release Date: 3/31/2020
When updating, please stop the Internet Information Services (IIS) website for Aptora Mobile II prior to running the Mobile Configuration Utility. Make sure that users clear the cache on the browser and/or the Aptora Mobile II application. This is the best practice with any website update to prevent conflicts with website code changes. If you are not logged into the mobile server and the computer/network administration, please right click on the Mobile Configuration Utility and run as administrator.
The update includes two of the most requested features Aptora has ever had.
1. Automated Text Message Reminders
A text reminder will be sent out to customers a day prior to their scheduled work. As you may know, we already have a feature called Automated Text Messaging. With it, a text message is sent when the status of work order changes. This new feature extends the capability to send text reminders automatically each day.
This system allows your customers to reply to the text message. Their reply will automate certain tasks in Total Office Manager. Please see “Related Topics” below.
2. Aptora Chat
- This easy to use Windows App allows users to send messages back and forth to their coworkers, inside the office, and outside the office. It features an easy to use interface, lightning-quick performance, and “no-touch” software updates.
- Users can chat with other employees, whether they are at their computer or working in the field using Aptora Mobile II® or Geo Time Tracker™.
- Aptora Chat works with our Automated Text Reminder feature. When your customer replies to a text message, you can view that message in Aptora Chat. You may continue a conversation with that customer.
- You can create groups of users to chat with simultaneously.
- Of course, you must own Aptora Mobile II (AMII) and have an active service agreement. The chat system uses your Aptora Mobile II backend, even when you are not chatting with mobile users.
- You will need to be on the latest version of Aptora Mobile II.
You will need to download the program and install it on each desktop that you wish to use it. You can download the installation file here.
- The Pre-authorization signature button is showing up even though the customer has already signed using the Capture Signature feature. Ticket #22410
- Negative numbers are no longer allowed in the Price field on invoices and estimates.
- Newly created Stages were not showing up for selection on work orders. Tickets #22574 and 23152
- A specific scenario was preventing automatic emails to be sent out when a work order was moved to the Completed status. Ticket #22675
- With specific markup types, certain items were having the price rounded down when the price should have rounded up.
- We removed the Employee Notes section on the Sales Dashboard. The contents of the Employee Notes field were displayed when the user hovered over the “Info” label. We were asked not to show this information since it might be sensitive or confidential.
- Work Order and Multi-day Work Order Duration field validation of 99999 has been removed and will now accept values under 2.3 billion.