Total Office Manager Update
Release Notes for Version 21.1.2800
Release Date: 01/28/2021 (rolling release)
Thank you for trusting Aptora Corporation with your business management software. We appreciate your feedback and support.
For on-premises users, this update will require all other users to be logged out so that the database can be updated. Cloud users (hosted) will not need to update their database.
Database Maintenance and Backups are Essential
If you are not a cloud user (hosted), you must make sure you are backing up your database and conducting vital maintenance on it each night. Please see this help topic on how to speed up your software and protect yourself from malware or hardware failure. https://support.aptora.com/tips/database-maintenance/
New Features and Enhancements
The following were feature requests submitted by users like you:
- Updated Form 1099-NEC, Nonemployee Compensation
- Added “Add New Vehicle” option to the Timesheet form. Ticket CSM103
- Added the ability to reload COA in the Journal Entry form. Ticket CSM095
- Added an Insert Line option to the Purchase Order (PO). Ticket 24778
- We added the ability to try and trap errors related to users being out of hard drive space. Ticket JL164
- Removed a hyperlink for service agreement renewals on the Check for Updates form. Ticket CSM097
- Added the ability to import Timesheets. This was paid custom programming. Ticket 28421
- Paycheck Recalculation no longer resets manually adjusting entries to the paycheck. Ticket 26495
- We added a SQL query window to allow technical support the option of running queries and manipulating data in the database. This is not something a user will be able to access.
New Custom Data Views
Under Reports > Custom Data Views, we have added the following. You will need to update these from the CDV form. These new CDVs will be particularly helpful for troubleshooting.
- Item Reservation Cost Review. This CDV was designed to help users better understand and troubleshoot issues with their reserved items.
General Bug Fixes
- Fixed a misspelled word on the on Commission form. Ticket CSM099
- Names in reminder list were not sorting properly. Ticket 25347
- The Income statement by department-wide (condensed Report) is not correct. Several cosmetic issues were addressed. Ticket 25279
- Fixed an issue where users cannot edit non financial fields on a sale that was previously saved. Ticket 24489
- Fixed a broken filter on a CDV when multi-step options were used. Ticket #28632
- Payroll earning taxes could be incorrect in the pr2PaycheckEarning Tax Table. We added automatic data correction for erroneous paycheck earning taxes. Not all users will experience this issue. Ticket CSM101
Yellow Screen Error Submissions
These are the unanticipated errors that open a form with a yellow background. We appreciate any information that users add to this error message prior to clicking the Submit button.
- Fixed a yellow screen error with the following details “modRptSchedule.addCustEquipUDFs() Multiple-step operation generated errors”.
Important FICA Notice
Please do not to use the combined employer liability for the federal FICA SS and FICA Med. When setting up the payroll items, please use the FICA SS employer and FICA Med employer items found in the tax control. The FICA employer does not honor the wage base rules for the cap of FICA SS or the additional withholding of FICA Med. It does not follow calculations for exclusion of deductions exempt from taxes.
If you decide to use this item, you may need to overwrite the amount calculated on paychecks when the amounts do not match the FICA Med and FICA SS items in the employee taxes.