Total Office Manager 19.4.1900 Release Notes
Total Office Manager Update – Version 19.4.1900
Release Date: 04/19/2019
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -DB UPDATE – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This update requires an update to your database. This will require that all users log out of the software program so that the update can run.
Once the update has run and the first user logs in, other users will be able to log back into the program in prior versions without being required to update.
This update will take anywhere from 15 seconds to 30 minutes depending on the database size.
– When creating a new record or editing an existing one, we no longer load the entire family of records. We load just the record you came from. An example would be creating a work order from the customer history form. Based on customer feedback, this is a tweak to our ongoing effort to decrease form load time for most users.
– With certain preferences in use, load time was reduced on forms that load customers. This is especially true when there are numerous children and inactive records.
– The Email system was fixed. There was an issue where an incorrect style was selected when using the internal emailer. Ticket 15807 and 14711.
– Under certain circumstances, some users were not able to print a Pick Ticket. This was corrected.
– The process of checking whether a customer has past due invoices has been sped up considerably. This will cause certain operations to function faster when the following preference is used: Preferences | Customer:Jobs | Company Preferences | Warn When Past Due (late on payments). Larger databases will show the most significant speed gains.
– Statement formatting issues were corrected. There was an issue where children were not grouping and or sorting properly.
– We improved sorting on the Invoice Item List when sorting by Date Created or Date Last Revised.
– When creating estimates, the markup method looks at the Average Cost field to calculate the Retail Price. Now, if Average Cost is $0.00, the estimate will use the Estimated Cost.
– Work order Inventory Parts were using the Estimated Cost instead of the Average Cost to calculate Retail Price. This has been fixed. Also, if the Average Cost is $0.00, the estimate will use the Estimated Cost.
New Schedule Board:
– We added the ability for users to add, subtract, and arrange the fields that appear on a work order. Please click the Edit button to use this feature.
– We fixed an issue where the board would crash when switching profiles.
– Profiles were not always filtering work order types correctly. This was resolved.
– Tip: You can update your schedule board without updating Total Office Manager. From the New Schedule Board, click About | Check for Update.
– Preferences | Sales/Invoices/Estimates | Company Preferences | Department was not being saved for the company. It was being saved per user. This was corrected. You may have to reset this preference. Ticket 15836.