Total Office Manager Update
Release Notes for Version 21.2.1200
Release Date: 02/12/2021 (rolling release)
Thank you for trusting Aptora Corporation with your business management software. We appreciate your feedback and support.
For on-premises users, this update will require all other users to be logged out so that the database can be updated. Cloud users (hosted) will not need to update their database.
Database Maintenance and Backups are Essential
If you are not a cloud user (hosted), you must make sure you are backing up your database and conducting vital maintenance on it each night. Please see this help topic on how to speed up your software and protect yourself from malware or hardware failure. https://support.aptora.com/tips/database-maintenance/
New Features and Enhancements
The following were feature requests submitted by users like you:
- Added the ability to import work orders. Ticket 28422 and CSM125
- Added Security Fields to imported Timesheets. Ticket 28421a
- Made 1099 form updates and optimization. Ticket 28884
- Added form 1096NEC. Ticket 28884
- Made additional changes to the Income Statement by Department Wide (condensed report). Ticket 25279
- Improved the way inactivating parent equipment is handled. Ticket CSM118
- Fixed the PO numbers were being displayed when emailing a PO. Ticket 23815
- We now disable certain fields on WO Assets tab (Name, Employee, and Asset Type) so it is more obvious they are not meant to be edited. Ticket 23736
- The Custom Data Viewer (CDV) form now features two line headers to conserve space. Ticket JL311.
- We now password protect all General Journal Rebuild menu options. Ticket JL311.
Your payroll processing license will be renewed with this update (and future 2021 updates) with the expiration date extended from 02/12/2021 to 02/12/2022.
General Bug Fixes
- Locate/Merge Utility not always registering selections. Ticket CSM105
- Deposit Refunds was sometimes saving an out of balance transaction. Ticket CSM106
- Vendor Alias was missing from the Item Lookup form. Tickets 27525/27343/27891
- Assets no longer recording history from the Transfer form. Ticket CSM109
- Escrow movement security label not updating. Ticket CSM115
- The ‘User Revised’ label not always working on the Invoice Item List. Ticket 28823
- Escrow Movement Time incorrect on the Security label. Ticket CSM116
- Corrected employee sort on the Payroll Item Detail History. Ticket CSM111
Yellow Screen Error Submissions
These are the unanticipated errors that open a form with a yellow background. We appreciate any information that users add to this error message prior to clicking the Submit button.
- Fixed a yellow screen error with the following details “frmPayments.updateOrigFields() Invalid use of Null”.
- Fixed a yellow screen error with the following details “modRecords_2.IsHistoryJE() Invalid use of Null”.
- Fixed a yellow screen error with the following details “frmPO.lstStage_DropDownClose() Subscript out of range”.
Important FICA Notice
Please do not to use the combined employer liability for the federal FICA SS and FICA Med. When setting up the payroll items, please use the FICA SS employer and FICA Med employer items found in the tax control. The FICA employer does not honor the wage base rules for the cap of FICA SS or the additional withholding of FICA Med. It does not follow calculations for exclusion of deductions exempt from taxes.
If you decide to use this item, you may need to overwrite the amount calculated on paychecks when the amounts do not match the FICA Med and FICA SS items in the employee taxes.