Total Office Manager Update
Release Notes for Version 20.1.2900
Release Date: 02/05/2020 (rolling release)
Thank you for trusting Aptora Corporation with your business management software. We appreciate your feedback and support. We have been working hard to make this the best software possible. We are proud of our latest version.
This update requires an update to your database. This will require that all users log out of the software program so that the update can run. Once the update has run and the first user logs in, other users will not be able to log back into the program in prior versions without being required to update.
Please note that the payroll license was renewed with this update. Users must be on this version before February 12th or they will not be able to run payroll.
Total Office Manager Fixes
- Corrected an issue with the commission calculation not updating when the Process Pay Group form was open. #21278
- Corrected an issue with the Chart of Accounts list not displaying all balances for a fiscal year. This was only a display issue. #21107
- Fixed an issue with multi-day Work Orders showing the incorrect status. #20869
- Corrected an issue on the Inventory Valuation by Warehouse report for Serialized Items. Invoices dated in the future were affecting the qty on serialized items. This was only a report display issue. #21469
- Corrected an issue when Voiding an adjustment with the “Remove” checkbox selected was not returning the serial number to inventory.
- Corrected an issue that was causing some deductions to not calculate on paychecks. This was a very rare occurrence. #20983
- Corrected an issue when Work Order Type permissions were not updating.
- Corrected an issue when the Purchase Order Amount Field seemed to “jump and change amount”. #21095
- Corrected an issue that caused inactive accounts to populate on the expense tab of Bills and Checks. #20967
- Fixed an issue where multi-day work order timesheets were saving to the wrong employee. #20507
- Corrected an issue where Assign Commissions and Commission Tracking reports were rounding differently. #21187
- Fixed an issue where the Terms were not being attached to the multi-day Work Orders. #20515
- Expanded the current Stages feature to other forms. These include checks, bills, credit card charges, credit card credits, item receipts, purchase orders, vendor credits, customer credits, estimates, sales, invoices, and Customer:job.
- Added the Recalculate Invoices Utility to the Invoice List menu.
- We have added the ability to sell serialized items on an invoice that are not in stock. When the preference is turned on, you will be able to enter a quantity of one and enter a retail price. You will not be required to select a serial number. Revenue will be created as usual. No COGS. When the item is in stock, you will be able to go back and select the serial numbers. The retail price will not change from what it was. At that point, COGS will be created. We added a new invoice list filter option called Serialized Back Order Yes/No. That will allow you to filter for invoices that have one or more serialized items with no serial number selected. See Preferences | Sales/Invoices/Estimates | Company | Allow Selling of Zero Quantity Serialized Items (bottom of form).
- Added Stage and Time Slot Promised to the Customer History | Work Order tab.
- Added a feature to the Edit Customer form labeled “Never Assign Sales Commissions to this Customer”
- Added Preference labeled Remove Payroll Service Bills From Vendor History.
- We amended an issue when the Internal Emailer was not copying the email to the Customers Contact Log. #21583
- Added Asset selection to Purchase Orders. This allows users to select a company asset on the PO and have that selection remain throughout the A/P process.
- Added a complete History form to the Asset Manager. You will find this option on the Asset List. You will need to have permission under User Security.
- Added a button to Reorganize/Reindex database indexes. This important feature can be found here: File | Company File Information | Database Stats. It allows users to quickly and easily perform maintenance to your database file that is usually performed by an expert. Using this feature can speed up your entire software as well as improve stability.
Database Backups and Vital Maintenance
IMPORTANT: Please remember that if you host your own SQL Server and database, it is important that regular backups and maintenance be run. Please see this webpage for helpful information.
Payroll Tax Table Updates
Please note that your payroll license was renewed with this update. Users must be on this version before February 12th or they will not be able to run Payroll.
- Added new payroll tax control update. This update renews your payroll license for one year. It contains significant changes and additions to the payroll tax system. #11651
Yellow Screen Errors
- All Yellow Screen errors, that had details filled out, were corrected. We really appreciate any and all notes that our users enter into the comments box. Those clues have been a big help.
Follow us on Facebook. This is a great place to get real-time news about software ideas we are considering, upcoming features, and update notices. We also post technical notices and technical tips.
Join us on BlackBeltContracting where basic membership is 100% free. We’re excited to announce the launch of BlackBeltContracting.com – a social networking site for contractors. The site offers tools like flat-rate pricing books that your techs can use in the field and the opportunity for you to post questions for some of the industry’s top business consultants. It is also a great place to talk about our software with other like-minded users.
Thank you for your loyalty as we work to make continued refinements to Total Office Manager.